[CentOS] Hardware Specs

Tue Jun 10 07:42:59 UTC 2008
Tim Verhoeven <tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com>

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 8:49 AM, nate <centos at linuxpowered.net> wrote:

> I suppose the easiest route if your into Dell/HP is just go to them and
> ask for Linux solutions. Dell I think claims to be the #1 hardware
> vendor for linux. They offer servers with either no OS or linux pre
> installed. HP offers both servers and workstations with no OS or
> linux pre installed. (not sure about desktops/laptops/etc).

And of course the same goes for IBM. They have been supported Linux
for years and every server shipped by IBM has Linux support (well,
support for RHEL and SLES that is). I've never had any real issues
with their Linux support (all issues encountered they fixed :) ). They
go even as far that for servers Linux is on the same level as Windows,
meaning that Linux is supported at the release of new hardware (not a
couple of months later).

Regards,
Tim

--