[CentOS] Help!

Tue Jun 10 14:57:00 UTC 2008
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>

On Tue, 2008-06-10 at 10:33 -0400, Sam Drinkard wrote:
> Folks, I have a bit of a problem and can't seem to figure out what
> is getting broken or why.  I've been pulling my hair out trying to get
> clamav or clamav-milter to install and permit yum update to continue.
> What is happening is this:  I yum install the clamav package, but when I
> try to do an update on the system, it constantly returns with an error
> of a Missing Dependency for clamd and clamav-db.  I've installed and
> erased clamav several times, and that's the only way I can do a yum
> update on the system.  The files are coming from sourceforge, and the
> version is 0.93-2.el4rf.  Perhaps I'm not installing in the correct
> sequence or something, so could someone please tell me how to go about
> getting all the dependencies for the clamav package?  This is the x86_64
> version I've been working with.
----
first off...  .el4rf sounds more like files coming from dag than
sourceforge.

do you have dag repository installed? if not, you should since it
maintains current clam* packages for CentOS-4

secondly, you probably should show us the exact error rather than
paraphrase and have us guess at what the error is. But I suspect that if
you solve the first, you solve it all.

Craig