[CentOS] Re: Help!

Tue Jun 10 17:57:01 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 6-10-2008 10:06 AM Craig White spake the following:
> On Tue, 2008-06-10 at 12:57 -0400, Sam Drinkard wrote:
>> Kai Schaetzl wrote:

>>> Your problem comes probably from mixing repos. As I said: read back on the
>>> list, has been discussed here already several times this spring/summer.
>>>
>>> Kai
>>>

>> Ok.. I sort of figured that was the problem, but I just removed
>> everything clamav related and reinstalled only clamav-milter.  When I
>> tried a normal "yum update" it fails again just as before.  As far as I
>> can tell, the files are coming from rpmforge and not dag.  I don't have
>> his in the repos.  Looking at the index list on Dag's website, it shows
>> the latest clamav as version 0.92 and not 0.93 which is coming from
>> rpmforge.  How do I make sure all the stuff comes from rpmforge and not
>> somewhere else?
>>
>> Yes, I remember the discussion from earlier this year, and I got a good
>> install on my other server, but this 64-bit machine is not doing like
>> the 32-bit server.  I know it's frustrating to have the same questions
>> asked over and over, but this situation appears to be something besides
>> mixed repositories, or at least from what I see on the screen says it
>> all came from rpmforge.
> ----
> I was under the impression that dag and rpmforge were the same for
> CentOS purposes...here is the URL for downloading/installing
> rpmforge.repo
>
> https://rpmrepo.org/RPMforge/Using
>
> Craig
Add "ignore-pkgs=clam*" to the kbs repo definitions.
Do you actually have things installed from kbs-extras?
KBS and rpmforge don't play too well together since they have some duplication
by package name but not versions.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and