[CentOS] Re: [Off Topic, kind of] eMachine model T5254

Tue Jun 10 19:36:04 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 6-10-2008 12:07 PM Bob Taylor spake the following:
> Hi list,
>
> Best Buy currently has an eMachine on sale for less than $300.00
> without monitor. I didn't see any recent complaints on
> www.consumeraffairs.com. I didn't take the time to do a thourgh search
> so may have missed some. Red Hat hardware list does not have one
> eMachine listed. I went to eMachine's home page and found the following:
>
> AMD Athlon™ BE-2350 dual-core processor
> NVIDIA® GeForce® 6100
> 2048MB DDR2 dual-channel
> 320GB 7200rpm SATA II
> 16x DVD±R/RW SuperMulti drive
> High-performance 15-in-1 digital media card reader
> 6-channel (5.1) high-definition audio
>
> They do not list the manufacturer/model of the media card reader and
> audio.
>
> Any hardware guru see any problems?

Looking at my bestbuy ad, that machine is going for about $400 here. Probably
a good deal at less than $300.
If this is the machine, eMachines T5254 Desktop Computer, this page will give
you some specs;
http://support.gateway.com/emachines/emac/1015304R/1015304Rcl3.shtml

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...