[CentOS] Newer GNOME than base release

Tue Jun 10 19:45:45 UTC 2008
MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 12:18 PM, Dan Halbert <halbert at everyzing.com> wrote:

> I am not sure you can have your cake and eat it too on a single machine.
> At the very least, building a newer Gnome for CentOS 5 sounds like a big
> timesink. There are probably all kinds of library issues.
>
> If you'd like the latest desktop apps, then perhaps it would be easier
> to choose Fedora or Ubuntu for your desktop, and connect to your more
> stable CentOS 5 servers remotely. Or, run Fedora or Ubuntu in a VM.

Actually, the question grew out of a much more basic one, which I
asked on the GNOME list and was told, why don't you build it yourself?
 (I now have many answers for that one!)

What I was originally looking for was the location of the gnome config
file where I could manipulate the default colors in my windows (I
really don't like gray).  I poked and googled around some, but there
are SO many gnome files I was unable to locate the one that contains
this config....

Thanks.

mhr