[CentOS] Network FS w/o user setup

Wed Jun 11 00:32:45 UTC 2008
Ted Miller <tedjeanmiller at sbcglobal.net>

Is there a file system + configuration that will let me share a directory,
and anyone who has access to something in that directory on the server will
also have access (and lack of access) to the same files from the client?
Clients will be Centos5, Win2K, WinXP.  Server is Centos5.

To put it another way, all users have accounts on the server.  I don't want
to have to set up ANY user information on the server, other than what I set
up to control local access.  I just want to say "Share /vmware" and have it
available, to the same users who can access it locally.

With Samba I have to maintain duplicate user lists, password lists, and
share access lists.  I have not been able to find a clear instructions on
how NFS4 handles this, but what I found didn't seem any better than Samba.

I don't mind implementing ACLs on the server if it will do what I need, but
I can't find anything that says it will save me any work either.

Looking for a better way,
Ted Miller
Indiana, USA