[CentOS] [Off Topic, kind of] eMachine model T5254

Wed Jun 11 00:38:47 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-06-10 at 12:07 -0700, Bob Taylor wrote:
> AMD Athlon™ BE-2350 dual-core processor
> NVIDIA® GeForce® 6100
> 2048MB DDR2 dual-channel
> 320GB 7200rpm SATA II
> 16x DVD±R/RW SuperMulti drive
> High-performance 15-in-1 digital media card reader
> 6-channel (5.1) high-definition audio
>
> They do not list the manufacturer/model of the media card reader and
> audio.

Non-laptop media readers are usually USB which means that they use the
standard usb-storage module.

"High-definition audio" usually refers to the snd-hda-intel ALSA module.
I haven't yet had any luck getting the one on my laptop to work with
CentOS 5.1, but that's not a definitive contraindication.