[Fwd: Re: [CentOS] School Server Setup]

Wed Jun 11 14:07:48 UTC 2008
Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de>

Alain Terriault wrote:
> For 25 systems and if you want this done without spending to much time,
> Clarkconnect would by my first choice for server side OS (#2 would be
> SME).
[...]
> For the clients side, my favorite flavor of Linux is Ubuntu.

For trees my favourite color is green, while for fire engines it is red.

This is something you don't have to back up with some arguments, as a
non-green tree (at least from spring to fall) doesn't look that healthy
and who has ever heard of a yellow fire engine?

Your case up there looks a bit different: It is easy to say that those
are your favourite flavors - but can you substantiate that somehow?
Especially as ClarkConnect and SME are based (or at least were based) on
CentOS but mostly lack a large community behind them -> Vendor Lock-In.

Ralph