[CentOS] RPM creation question

Fri Jun 13 00:57:52 UTC 2008
Clint Dilks <clintd at scms.waikato.ac.nz>

admin wrote:

>> Is there any nice way in a .spec file to tell rpmbuild not to call
>> brp-java-repack-jars?  Some Web Searching indicates that most people
>> just hack the script.  Is there a better way ?
> I've just started building RPMs myself, so I'm curious ... why would
> you want to not call brp-java-repack-jars?
>
> Mick

Hi,

I have to install a particular application "Aptana Studio - Community
Edition" and this script seems to break when dealing with this.  I am
not sure why yet and will do some further research.  But current time
constraints mean I must get the package out.  I am confident that
ignoring this step is ok in this case as installing the software
manually is just un-tarring it into a directory.

For those who care
 - On FC6 / CentOS 4 - To Disable this you must hack the script as far
as I can tell.  I am told that on New Versions of Fedora (and I assume
CentOS 5) that you can add %__jar_repack %{nil}  to the top of the spec
file.

Have a nice day :)