[CentOS] enabling maildir @ cli

Fri Jun 13 19:48:58 UTC 2008
mouss <mouss at netoyen.net>

Ray Leventhal wrote:
> -
>>> Dovecot uses Maildir format (not mbox), so if you install ISPConfig
>>> on the server, please make sure you enable Maildir under Management
>>> -> Server -> Settings -> Email. ISPConfig will then do the necessary
>>> configuration.
>>> ----
>>>
>>> Since I'm ssh'd in to the box and X isn't installed, what's the CLI
>>> to accomplish this?
>>>

>> You'll probably want to ask the ISPConfig folks.
>>
>> Matt
>>

> If it were an ISPConfig question, I would...I simply was asking what
> the matching command line was for a corresponding action in X.  Please
> let me know if I'm wrong, but this isn't OT, nor is it ISPConfig related.

what is the question then? is it how to configure dovecot to use maildir
or how to configure the MTA (postfix, sendmail, ...) to deliver to
maildir or how to configure the MDA (maildrop, procmail, ...) to deliver
to maildir?

if it's to configure dovecot to use maildir instead of mbox, then the
dovecot list and docs are a better place. the short answer is something like
    mail_location = maildir:/var/Mail/domains/%d/%n/Maildir
in dovecot.conf. but we cannot reproduce dovecot documentation here.

but you'd better have the MTA or MDA deliver to the same place. the easy
way is to use dovecot LDA as your delivery agent.