[CentOS] Apache jserv monitoring?

Tue Jun 17 16:33:55 UTC 2008
Sean Carolan <scarolan at gmail.com>

> This seems to indicate that it wants the apache header files, which
> are installed in /usr/include/httpd.  Anyway if someone has an idea
> how I can get a working mod_jserv module for CentOS3 let me know.

Ok, so after doing some more reading it appears that you can simply
build the mod_jserv.so module with a command like this:

apxs -c mod_jserv.c -o mod_jserv.so

However when I run the command I get another error:

[root at pstest-app13 c]# /usr/sbin/apxs -c mod_jserv.c -o mod_jserv.so
/usr/bin/libtool --silent --mode=compile gcc -prefer-pic -O2 -g -pipe
-march=i386 -mcpu=i686 -DSSL_EXPERIMENTAL_ENGINE
-I/usr/kerberos/include -DAP_HAVE_DESIGNATED_INITIALIZER -DLINUX=2
-D_REENTRANT -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_SVID_SOURCE
-D_GNU_SOURCE -pthread -I/usr/include/httpd  -c -o mod_jserv.lo
mod_jserv.c && touch mod_jserv.slo
mod_jserv.c:63:19: jserv.h: No such file or directory

I think I'm getting closer to building mod_jserv.so, but this really
is feeling like a wild goose chase.  We try as much as possible to
stick with RPM/yum for our package management but unfortunately the
previous sysadmin liked to build a lot from source.  Can someone help?
 Where do I find this jserv.h, and how do I tell apxs where it lives?