[CentOS] ClamAV help needed

Tue Jun 17 17:50:58 UTC 2008
MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 6:52 AM, John Plemons <john at mavin.com> wrote:
> Not to move anyone to another package, but to offer another route if you
> want to consider it.
>
> An option other than ClamAV is AVG, it works well, and is easy to install.
>
> Grisoft has a Linux version of their AVG Virus Software
> The free version can be downloaded here
>
> ftp://ftp.grisoft.cz/pub/softw/70free/setup/

Just to add my plug here - I've been using AVG Free on Win for a long,
long time, and I've been really pleased with it.  Their recent update
from 7.5 to 8.0 is badly advertised (from the update page it /looks/
like you have to /pay/ for the new version, but from the above link,
there is aplace to get it for free.  This is particularly good because
the old version will no longer work after June 25, so I get to upgrade
everything before then.

Now if I could just convince the Win addicts in my family to go to
CentOS, we could dispense with that altogether (except for the VMWare
guests), but I don't have everywhere yet in which to put
everything....

mhr