[CentOS] control outgoing IP address?

Tue Jun 17 23:03:53 UTC 2008
Bill Campbell <centos at celestial.com>

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008, Les Mikesell wrote:
> I'd like to consolidate some services that have been assigned by IP
> (dns, syslog etc.) onto one machine by giving it IP aliases to accept
> connections for the old addresses until all the references are fixed.
> However, I'd like to have it use it's original IP as the source for
> outbound connections.  Where do you control that?

That depends on the application.  You can specify the outgoing IP address
for postfix with ``smtp_bind_address'' in main.cf.  The inn NNTP server
uses ``sourceaddress'' in the inn.conf file, etc.

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186

There are three kinds of men. The ones that learn by reading. The few who
learn by observation.  The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence
for themselves. -- Will Rogers