[CentOS] GParted

Wed Jun 18 13:49:20 UTC 2008
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

centos at 911networks.com wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 09:35:13 +0900
> Ross Cavanagh <ross-cavanagh at bm-sms.co.jp> wrote:
>
>>> I am looking for the rpm for gparted.
>>>
>>>   It's in the rpmforge repository
>> http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/RPMForge
>
> I have found something "quite old": gparted-0.3.3-2.el5.rf.i386.rpm,  the
> current version is 0.3.7

Dag usually updates things, so I would verify that the versions of
prerequisites for the newer version still works with EL5.

One thing that people need to remember is that many of the linux
projects are tied to the "6 month distro" model and their newer products
  require "GNOME 2.<too_new_for_CentOS>.x" or
gtk-2.<too_new_for_CentOS>-x (also same potential issue for QT and KDE).

So, that newer version may or may not work.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes