[CentOS] Re: Forbidden: You don't have permission to access /phpMyAdmin/ on this server.

Wed Jun 18 20:42:25 UTC 2008
Herta Van den Eynde <herta.vandeneynde at gmail.com>

2008/6/18 Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>:
> on 6-18-2008 12:22 PM Milton Calnek spake the following:
>>
>> what does your /etc/httpd/conf.d/phpmyadmin.conf
>> look like?  By default, it has a Allow 127.0.0.1 in it.
>>
> I'm not using it, I just see the attempts. There must be some vulnerability,
> at least in older versions, or there wouldn't be a script out there to
> exploit it.
> --
> MailScanner is like deodorant...
> You hope everybody uses it, and
> you notice quickly if they don't!!!!

I don't see how it could be config related.

Like I said, I originally had a directory called phpMyAdmin, which
didn't work.  I renamed it to pma (to make sure the uppercase
characters weren't causing problems).  It still didn't work.

I then copied it to a new directory named phpMyAdmin, just like the
original directory (cp -pr pma phpMyAdmin).  The new phpMyAdmin
directory works fine.  No config changes in between.

For good measure, I copied it again to yet another directory (cp -pr
pma tst).  That other directory works just fine as well.  Again
without changing anything in the configs.

Kind regards,

Herta
--
"Life on Earth may be expensive,
 but it comes with a free ride around the Sun."