[CentOS] Trouble brewing in dmesg... any ideas?

Wed Jun 18 23:19:07 UTC 2008
nate <centos at linuxpowered.net>

Tim Nelson wrote:

> There are others with various app names besides vi including httpd, named,
> sftp-server, etc..  Is this an imminent hardware failure? Do I have kernel
> issues? I've checked the system with lm_sensors and temps are perfectly
> normal. Also, performance and operation seems to be fine. Even with these
> errors, my services are running without any hiccups. HELP! :-)

Would need to see the full error but it sounds like a kernel oops. For
me at least the useful info would be at the top of the error which wasn't
included in your email.

Worst case, configure your system with a serial console and capture the
error using a terminal emulator on another machine plugged into your
serial console.

nate