[CentOS] Kernel/harware question

Thu Jun 19 00:03:38 UTC 2008
nate <centos at linuxpowered.net>

Thomas Dukes wrote:

> Still, kind of curious why the newer kernels want to configure a different
> driver.

What is the driver it uses on the working kernel vs the non working one?

I'd expect it to use the e100 driver, but maybe there is a newer
driver with a different name. Long ago there was the eepro100(?) driver,
before Intel started releasing their own drivers, I'm not sure if that
driver is even present anymore in the 2.6.x kernels(I used it in the
2.2.x days and maybe 2.0 I don't recall)

The driver config is usually in /etc/modprobe.conf

worst case run lsmod under each config to try to find the
differences in what driver is loading.

nate