[CentOS] Desktop Effects -- questions/issues

Fri Jun 20 01:52:53 UTC 2008
Dag Wieers <dag at centos.org>

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008, fred smith wrote:

> Oh, and one other small issue: Now when I grab the edge of a window
> and drag to resize it, it no longer gives me the little popup that
> shows the size of the window (i.e., an xterm or similar).
> I assume it's a function of the window decorator, but have no clue
> how one accesses/modifies it.

Yes, when you use the Desktop Effects you are basicly swapping the normal
window manager called metacity, but a 3D window manager called compiz.

compiz apparently does not have that feature (showing the dimensions of a
window). I guess you have to choose...