[CentOS] Kernel panic - not syncing: CPU context corrupt

Fri Jun 20 16:56:29 UTC 2008
nate <centos at linuxpowered.net>

Michael wrote:

> But I don't want to get into the situation above, where I purchase NEW
> hardware, and CentOS doesn't like it, and furthermore the resolution is
> elusive.
>
> What is the best HW environment for CentOS?
> Brand, MFG, chipset rev, and so on....

Easiest is to buy from a vendor that can test on your OS of choice,
there are lots of vendors out there that can do it.

Two such companies I have bought from that do this include
http://www.siliconmechanics.com/ (HQ in Seattle, WA area)
http://www.asaservers.com/ (HQ in San Fransisco, CA area)

Both specialize in Supermicro/Tyan-based systems(as to most other
"whitebox" vendors).

nate