[CentOS] Re: Mounting Floppies

Fri Jun 20 18:02:40 UTC 2008
William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

On Fri, 2008-06-20 at 11:54 -0500, Robert Nichols wrote:
> Nigel Kendrick wrote:

HAH! Oh ye of little faith! You severely underestimate the number of
creative ways the "hoomon" can befuddle hisself!

Based on experience - NOT mine, of course 8-O - the power cable
mentioned in my other post may be bad, the connectors often are not
keyed and the cable may be backwards on one end or the other, older
re-used cables may have micro-fractures (from overuse of their flexible
properties), the jumpers on the floppy (if present) that select
different operating and configurations may be messed up, ...

Well that's all I can think of at the monument (sic).

HTH
--
Bill