[CentOS] Kernel panic - not syncing: CPU context corrupt

Fri Jun 20 20:48:45 UTC 2008
nate <centos at linuxpowered.net>

Richard Karhuse wrote:

> Dag's Repo has the new memtest86+ 2.01 RPM.  I'd pull it and
> let it run overnight.  While memtest86+ is good, I've recently had
> cases where is didn't find (obvious) memory errors.

My favorite test is cerberus(ctcs). Quite a few OEMs out there
use it to burn in their systems. For me it can typically find a problem
within a few hours. Whereas memtest I've let it run for a week and have
it not find anything useful.

Though the results of cerberus sometimes won't help you pinpoint the
problem(often the result is just a machine crash). But at least you
know there is an issue and can start swapping hardware until it's
fixed(or just replace the whole system).

http://sourceforge.net/projects/va-ctcs/

nate