[CentOS] Re: centos 4.6 - 586 install - how to get that to a 486 level if possible

Sat Jun 21 13:17:29 UTC 2008
Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com>

> Sorry, I have no clue about your question. However, I have several
> AMD K6 chips (pentium-equivalent) lying around should you trip over
> a motherboard that'll run them. That would solve your 486 problem, I
> think, so let me know if such a chip would help you out.

Fred - thanks for the offer - however I do have a specific device I am
targeting. Ebox2300sx.
I have no options on the hardware. It would be a great solution hardware
wise but software is
being a bit of a pain at this time.

Johnny - thanks for the info. I actually have debian booted on the
device but then EVERYTHING
is so much different on debian than centos. I was also trying a redhat 9
install and put a 2.6 kernel on it.
However, I realize this is not the best solution. BUT - to try it out
and get something working with
the other programs I need I thought that might be a valid short term
path to check things out.

Thanks guys,

Jerry