[CentOS] Re: 3ware 9650 issues

Mon Jun 23 20:35:16 UTC 2008
Gary Richardson <gary.richardson at gmail.com>

1500W should be plenty, but the card may not be getting enough power.

On a much smaller system (3 drives, 1 3ware card), I had power problems. I
used a 400W power supply and the +-5V rail was only delivering 3.9V. I kept
losing drives. This was an 'expensive' Antec power supply.

I switched to a budget 300W power supply just to see what would happen. The
unit delivered a much cleaner ~4.8V. It's worked great ever since.