[CentOS] Re: Re: Re: CentOS 5.2 is here!

Tue Jun 24 17:44:36 UTC 2008
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

Florin Andrei wrote:
> Timothy Murphy wrote:
>>
>> Are you saying that simply running "yum update" on a Centos-5.1 system
>> will convert it to Centos-5.2, as and when that is released?
>
> At this very moment, if I do "yum update" on my 5.1 home server, it
> tells me that it will get upgraded to 5.2 if I hit the "Y" key.
>
> I won't do that yet, I need to be physically there to babysit it, there
> are way too many hacks and moving parts on that machine.

What I did last time around, and will probably repeat on critical machines:

   yum install yum-downloadonly  (if you haven't already)
   yum -y --downloadonly update  (can run unattended)

   yum upgrade  (babysit - but you don't have to wait for the download)
   reboot       (babysit)

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com