[CentOS] Centos 5.2 and Xen

Tue Jun 24 20:30:14 UTC 2008
Luke S Crawford <lsc at prgmr.com>

Ruslan Sivak <russ at vshift.com> writes:
> Tom Lanyon wrote:
> > On 24/06/2008, at 9:08 AM, Luke S Crawford wrote:
> >> We were discussing memory limits of the free (as in beer) closed source
> >> citrix xensource product-  limits are added to the free product in order
> >> to encourage people to upgrade to the more expensive products.
>
>  From what I understand, Citrix does provide source to their product,
> so other then licensing, how is it different from open source?

like most of the dual-licensed products, if you pay you get support, and
a nice GUI admin tool.  The Citrix XenSource product has another
advantage that is worth paying for: Paravirtualized windows drivers-
Citrix/XenSource will provide you with stable paravirt disk and network
drivers.  Very important things, if you plan on doing serious work with
your windows guest.

Of course, I'm all *NIX, so yeah, for me there isn't much difference.
But if you are running windows, Citrix/XenSource provides some compelling
value.