[CentOS] Problem with evolution while upgrading to CentOS 5.2

Tue Jun 24 20:07:10 UTC 2008
Bernhard Gschaider <bgschaid_lists at ice-sf.at>

    JH> Bernhard Gschaider wrote:
    >> Hi!  When trying to prepare a workstation with (so that the
    >> real "yum upgrade" doesn't have to download the packages) yum
    >> upgrade --upgradeonly it fails with these messages: Error:
    >> Missing Dependency: libegroupwise-1.2.so.12 is needed by
    >> package evolution Error: Missing Dependency:
    >> libgtkhtml-3.8.so.15 is needed by package evolution Error:
    >> Missing Dependency: libexchange-storage-1.2.so.2 is needed by
    >> package evolution Error: Missing Dependency:
    >> libexchange-storage-1.2.so.2()(64bit) is needed by package
    >> evolution Error: Missing Dependency:
    >> libegroupwise-1.2.so.12()(64bit) is needed by package evolution
    >> On the test-machine I solved this by deinstalling evolution (I
    >> don't use it anyway), but this is not an option for the other
    >> machines Could anyone give me a hint what is wrong?

    JH> evolution should be upgraded as part of the upgrade ...

Thought so, too ;)

    JH> but your seems to want to keep the old version of evolution
    JH> while trying to upgrade the other packages that are listed.

    JH> This must be caused by something in your configuration that is
    JH> removing evolution from the update set.

    JH> This something can either be an exclude=evolution in your
    JH> CentOS-Base.repo file or some kind of misconfiguration of the
    JH> priorities or protectbase plugins.

Didn't figure out what the problem seems to be, but a rigorous
yum upgrade -y --disablerepo="*" --enablerepo="base" --enablerepo="update" --downloadonly
seems to do the trick.

Thanks for the hint