[CentOS] No plugin-directory for firefox in CentOS 5.2

Wed Jun 25 15:43:43 UTC 2008
Bernhard Gschaider <bgschaid_lists at ice-sf.at>

    KS> Bernhard Gschaider wrote:
    >> I noticed, that the directory /usr/lib/firefox-3.0b5/plugins/
    >> is NOT created on CentOS 5.2. Therefor for instance the
    >> flash-plugin is not installed for the new firefox (After
    >> manually creating the directory and setting the right symlink
    >> it works all right)

    KS> installing as a user, should the flash-plugin not go into your
    KS> ~/.mozilla dir ?

I was going for a system-wide install

    KS> Also, sitewide plugins are better in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/
    KS> which comes from the xulrunner rpm.

You're right. I wasn't aware of this directory. The funny thing
is: the flash-plugin did a symbolic link to the .so there, but firefox
doesn't recognize it (It also doesn't find the java-plugin that is
installed there)

    KS> Atleast, thats the way I look at things, what am I missing
    KS> here ?

In the .mozilla/plugin it works, but that'S not what I want.

For the time being I will put a symlink to the
/usr/lib/mozilla-direcotry into the firefox-3-directory (now all ther
plugins are recognized)

Bernhard