[CentOS] How to install *all* packages via kickstart?

Wed Jun 25 18:47:49 UTC 2008

Gregory Gerard wrote:
> Good to know.
>
> Why do you favor yum over kickstart package lists though?
>
> greg
>
> On Jun 25, 2008, at 12:30 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>
>> Gregory Gerard wrote:
>>> Does someone have a list I can place in the packages section which is
>>> known to work and really get everything?
>>
>> yum install \*
>>
>> Considering you could be pulling in upto 5,000 pkgs, make sure you
>> have enough drive space, fat network pipe, and lots of time.

Mostly since *all* my installs are identical, minimal setups, done over
the wire. And I use puppet to later manage the machine, whats installed
on there and what the machine is doing. Besides, if the install is over
the wire, the number of bits you end up pulling is still the same.

- KB