[CentOS] Re: 5.2 blues

Wed Jun 25 20:16:23 UTC 2008
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 2:14 PM, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:

> on 6-25-2008 3:29 AM Sorin at Gmail spake the following:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Am I the only one to have had a totally trouble-free upgrade to 5.2?? I
>> get the feeling that most everybody seems to have *some* problems...
>>
>>  Only a few problems so far on the list. A small percentage of the total
> user base. But many people will not upgrade on the first day, or even the
> first week.

On my Desktop box, I had a problem, after powering down the box, where it
would not boot into the new kernel. Adding "acpi=off" to the line for the
new kernel eliminated that problem. On my daughters  Desktop box, there were
no issues. We are the pioneers and others who follow us will learn from the
issues that we had.  :-)