[CentOS] Torrent sharing question

Fri Jun 27 15:00:44 UTC 2008

John Bowden wrote:
> Hi Folks.
> Just a quick question. I have been sharing CenOS 5.0 and 5.1 since I down
> loaded them. Now we are on to 5.2 is it still worth sharing them or can I
> archive them to DVD and save some hard drive space?
> Regards John

We normally drop the torrents from the tracker around the time a new
version is released so you should as well. Do you even see any traffic
on these older torrents ?

By the way,  I think we ( as a community ) should strongly discurage
people from installing older software specially since the older stuff
now has known and published widely bug's and potentially remote security
issues. Ofcourse there are people who will, due to whatever reason,
still want to get out there and install an older version - they are
welcome to use the vault.centos.org machines.

- KB