[CentOS] Re: I need hardware advice here

Tue Jun 3 20:28:41 UTC 2008
John Bowden <j-alan at btconnect.com>

On Tuesday 03 June 2008 16:04:54 Scott Silva wrote:
> on 6-3-2008 2:22 AM Peter Arremann spake the following:

> >> Use acpi=off or noapic to deal with broken Asus bioses.
> >>
> >> Next time, buy MSI or A-bit.
> >
> > Doesn't MSI require you to have windows for bios updates?
> >
> > Peter.
>
> Most boards I have had usually had a floppy image available on the website
> for bioses. Only live update is the windows only software.

Or you can sometimes boot with the m/board driver disk to flash the bios,
putting the new bios file on a floppy or USB pendrive..
john

--
Guy Fawkes, the only man to enter the house's of Parliament
with honest intentions, (he was going to blow them up!)