[CentOS] kernels and irc

Thu Jun 5 15:48:13 UTC 2008
Ray Van Dolson <rayvd at bludgeon.org>

On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 09:45:36AM -0600, James Bunnell wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-06-05 at 11:35 -0400, Ross S. W. Walker wrote:
>
>     James Bunnell wrote:
>
>     > i do pay for rhel. i made the mistake of converting to
>     > centos. damage is done. on the next major upgrade, i will
>     > return to rhel and will not professionally recommend centos
>     > either privately,personally, or in the realm of a business.
>     > thanks for seeing my side of the issue and not jumping on the
>     > elite bandwagon. i am done.
>
>     Community base OSS solutions are not for everyone. Only the
>     end-user can decide if it works for them or not. I hope you will
>     see that once the anger subsides.
>
>     -Ross
>

> community based OSS also require a level of professionalism and support. if
> simple questions like asking for an update to the progress of a project or
> stating someone may be in error upsets one of the members of that project,
> maybe that person should not be involved.

No, it doesn't require *anything*.  That said, CentOS does provide
professionalism and support, but by no means is it a requirement.

I would agree though, it sounds like RH is a better choice for your
needs, and more specifically, a better fit for your method of
interaction.

You're not going to find many volunteers who react well to being cursed
at or otherwise abused verbally.

Ray