[CentOS] Re: how to create a boot up sound / chime for servers?

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Sun Mar 2 09:56:28 UTC 2008

Scott Silva wrote:
> on 3-1-2008 8:26 AM Rudi Ahlers spake the following:
>> Scott Silva wrote:
>>> on 2-29-2008 10:55 AM Rudi Ahlers spake the following:

>>> Here is the startup sound from ipcop for an example.
>>>
>>> # Send nice startup beep now
>>> /usr/bin/beep -l 75 -f 500
>>> /usr/bin/beep -l 75 -f 1000
>>> /usr/bin/beep -l 75 -f 2000
>>> /usr/bin/beep -l 75 -f 3000
>>>
>>> And on shutdown it does it reversed.
>>>
>>> # Send nice shutdown beep now
>>> /usr/bin/beep -l 75 -f 3000
>>> /usr/bin/beep -l 75 -f 2000
>>> /usr/bin/beep -l 75 -f 1000
>>> /usr/bin/beep -l 75 -f 500

>> This script works so well, thank you :)
>>
> I always try to please!  ;-)

Interestingly enough, it doesn't work on the Xen kernel. I suppose it
has todo with the drivers not being installed on Xen?

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Web:   http://www.SoftDux.com