[CentOS] recommendation for Virtual Dedicated Server based onCentos

Stephen Harris lists at spuddy.org
Mon Mar 3 20:44:57 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 03:24:26PM -0500, Ross S. W. Walker wrote:
> Stephen Harris wrote:

> > http://www.linode.com or http://www.panix.com/corp/v-colo/vplans.html
> >
> > I use CentOS on both and they're both great.
>
> Wow, Panix has been around, well for at least 20+ years now!

Approaching 20 years, yeah.

   Panix, the oldest commercial Internet provider in New York, is dedicated
   to providing stable and reliable Internet access, email, netnews and
   UNIX computing services to the public. We started in 1989, before the
   advent of the Internet, and we're still going strong.
(from their home page)

They still provide shell access servers, for those of us who really
can't live without a command line :-)  Their virtual server solution
is based on Xen and it works pretty well.

--

rgds
Stephen