[CentOS] some help on mrepo please

Dag Wieers dag at centos.org
Tue Mar 4 18:18:36 UTC 2008

On Tue, 4 Mar 2008, Rudi Ahlers wrote:

> I have got CentOS 5.0 i386 & x86_64 DVD's, and CentOS 5.1 i386 & x86_64 CD1,
> where do I copy these? I have setup /etc/mrepo.conf.d/centos5.conf with both
> i386 & x86_64 arch, but how will mrepo know that CentOS 5.0 & CentOS 5.1 are
> different?

Answer:

 	If you want support for both CentOS 5.0 and CentOS 5.1, you need
 	to create 2 config files, one for each. (You could also put them
 	in the same)

 	centos-5.0.conf and centos-5.1.conf

 	If you also want the extra repositories on both, you can work with
 	internal links, or download it twice.

> I have run mrepo -vv -u to see what it does, but it seems like it's going to
> download every file from the CentOS repositories. Where do I copy the rpm's
> that I have already downloaded to? For example, all the rpm's in
> /var/cache/*/packages folders?

The location is in /etc/mrepo.conf defined as "srcdir = /var/mrepo". You
can opt to change this to wherever you want, or make a symlink from
/var/mrepo to wherever you want. There is a strict structure underneath
that directory.

Another way to find the answer to this question is to run mrepo with more
-v's like mrepo -vvvvv, so that you can exactly see what it is doing.

Or you could opt to read the documentation that ships with mrepo that
explains all of this as well.