[CentOS] vlan support

Miskell, Craig Craig.Miskell at agresearch.co.nz
Tue Mar 4 20:26:05 UTC 2008

> few questions also
>
> 1/ what is different between vconfig and your configure to
> set it up the vlan?
Using the scripts in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts will use vconfig for
you.

> 2/ what is the different vlan and vlan trunking?
I'm not sure I understand the question, but I'll try and explain
something.  VLAN trunking is when you have multiple VLANs traversing a
physical link, such as between two switches, or in your case (I think),
between a switch and a server which you want to have multiple interfaces
on (in various VLANs).  Each ethernet frame is tagged with the VLAN id,
which the receiving end uses to decide what VLAN the frame should be
forwarded too.

Craig
sender immediately.