[CentOS] Rejecting spam

Tim Alberts talberts at msiscales.com
Tue Mar 4 20:57:49 UTC 2008

Dan Carl wrote:

> [...]

I think it's a wonderful idea to not let spam into the server at all.
If a legitimate sender is sending email that is inadvertently marked as
spam, it will be returned to sender and they will be notified.  That's
actually why I'm trying to switch to a 'don't let it in to begin with'
policy.  Currently I use the spamassassin to mark spam and clients get
their email and have a habit of giving the spam folder a glance over
looking for legitimate email.  Well, that completely defeats the purpose
of marking them spam to begin with?

I'm basing this decision on having run an email server for the last 8
years, listening to the complaints of huge spam folders and mail being
'lost' in the trash because it was falsely marked as spam.