[CentOS] satisfying netdirector package dependencies

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Wed Mar 5 15:01:46 UTC 2008

On Wed, 5 Mar 2008, Greg Wallace wrote:

> we're looking at packaging up our current NetDirector bug fix
> release and we want it available as .rpm
>
> at this moment, the maintainers don't have a test environment for
> Centos
>
> does anyone know whether the latest versions of and Centos can
> satisfy Tomcat 5 and Java 1.4 JDK as dependencies?

I haven't had good luck with the java and tomcat that ship with
CentOS. /usr/bin/java is GNU gij 4.1.2, and tomcat is compiled with
it.

I ended up installing the Sun runtime and the tomcat binaries from
apache.org to get our tomcat environment to work as expected.

Perhaps, however, other list members have more heartening stories to
tell.