[CentOS] 5.0 -> 5.1

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Wed Mar 5 17:17:02 UTC 2008

Jim Perrin wrote:
> If you've been running yum update, you're already at 5.1. You may just
> need to reboot to load the new kernel.

    Nope, I don't run yum.  I do manual updates.  So I've rsynced the
updates to a local drives, and then ran rpm against them.  There's
something about running un-attended updates on a life system.  I've had
too many cases where I come into the office in the morning and the
system is dead because of some update overnight.

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6