[CentOS] OpenOffice won't start up

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 18:31:24 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 5:29 AM, Therese Trudeau <mswotr at hotmail.com> wrote:

> >> Therese: open a Terminal, su - to root (which means: type 'su -' and
> >> then enter your root password) and type:
> >>
> >> # find / -name 'swriter'
> >
> > On my 4.0 CentOS, OO 2.0, swriter is a lib component. Try oowriter. WFM.
> >

> OK, for output of "find / -name 'oowriter', I get no output.

Where did you install OOo (i.e., in what directory)?  Is that
directory on your path?

I've been running OOo 2.31 since it came out (was on 2.30 before
that), and never, ever saw this.  (It's worth the effort though - 2.31
is way better....)

Have you tried uninstalling the "standard" OOo release (2.0)?

Do you have launchers for any OOo programs, or are you just using the
standard menus?

mhr