[CentOS] pdflatex: fuzzy fonts in Evince, but not on paper output

Niki Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Sat Mar 8 18:59:49 UTC 2008

R P Herrold a écrit :

> known issue;  using a similar creation chain, see the xpdf (left) and
> Evince (right) rendering of the same file:
>   https://bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=291595

Curiously enough, the problem disappears when I just leave out
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc} and don't specify anything.

> RawHide at Red Hat carries it, but it has a hard dependency chain as
> packaged for C5, without some major build environment surgery

That's one reason why I turned my back on both GNOME and KDE, and opted
for XFCE which is so much more modular and tools-philosophy-compliant in
its approach. I'm using plain GTK apps as much as I can, so yeah, why
not xpdf...

Cheers,

Niki