[CentOS] Recommendations for a “real RAID" 1 card on Centos box

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Sun Mar 9 18:42:04 UTC 2008

Therese Trudeau wrote:

> Do such cards exist?   If so which model /manufacturers do you recommend?
> Any experiences/info/insights on hardware RAID cards good or bad on centos
> boxes would be appreciated.

3Ware 8000-series cards are probably the most compatible going back
at least 3 years. 9000-series cards are faster/better and CentOS 5.1
should have full support for them.

For me, in SATA RAID cards it's 3ware or nothing. Been using them for
more than 8 years now.

I picked up a extra 8006-2 (2-port RAID) a couple weeks ago for
about $120 as a spare for my home system that has a 8006-2.

nate