[CentOS] Re: Python 2.4 on CentOS4?

Eric B. ebenze at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 11 20:01:52 UTC 2008

"Eric B." <ebenze at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:fr6o2t$5jf$1 at ger.gmane.org...
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone managed to find a Python 2.4 rpm binary that can be installed
> on CentOS4?  I'm running CentOS4.6 and an application that I want to use
> required python 2.4 or greater.  All the CentOS/RHEL4 python rpms that I
> find are all for python 2.3.  I can't seem to find anything that works
> with CentOS4 libs.

Ok - I may have been a little quick to post this.  I finally found Python
2.4 on python.org (don't know why i couldn't find it the first time I
checked there).
http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.4/rpms/

However, it doesn't upgrade python 2.3, but installs alongside.

If I try to upgrade python 2.3 to 2.4, am I just asking for trouble?

Tx,

Eric