[CentOS] MySQL 4.1 on Centos 5 ?

Sebastian Schubert ssc-lists at space.net
Thu Mar 13 13:46:35 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 15:16 +0200, Sergej Kandyla wrote:

> I just want to use the latest stable  OS and software.
> Also, I already have installed server with centos 5.
>
> I don't choose operation system, please say me, how to right install
> mysql4.1 under centos 5 without compiling mysql from sources.

go to the mysql site and grab the binary distribution
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/4.1.html#linux

> I don't want make my server dirty, so i'm asking the right way to do this.

the right way would be rolling your own rpm, in your own repository.
name the rpms something liky mysql41 and make sure that the rpm provides
"mysql" and all the other things that the original mysql package from
centos provides.

> Thanks.

have phun