[CentOS] Good version control package?

Marc-Andre Levesque marc-andre.levesque at genizon.com
Thu Mar 13 19:54:03 UTC 2008

>From what I recall, I believe CVS attempts to create the checked out file under /tmp so that might be where you are lacking space.

MAL

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf Of Sean Carolan
Sent: March 13, 2008 15:50
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: Re: [CentOS] Good version control package?

I have run into a snag with my CVS installation:

[scarolan at neinei:~]$ cvs co -P installfiles
cvs checkout: Updating installfiles
cvs [checkout aborted]: out of memory; can not allocate 1022462837 bytes

Unfortunately we have a couple of large binary .tgz files in the
repository.  I was able to check them in but as you can see I can't
check them out because of memory limitations.   I have even added 2
more gigs of swap space but it still errors out.  I noticed while
watching it that it doesn't seem to use all the swap space.  Any
pointers?