RE: [CentOS] Recommendations for a “real RAID" 1 card on Centos box

Therese Trudeau mswotr at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 14 12:55:43 UTC 2008

>> You can turn on write back caching if you have a UPS as well
>>  (provided your UPS is wired into your system for a graceful shutdown)
>
> Hopefully you have a redundant PS unit. Having a UPS is not going to
> help if your PS fails.

That's a very good point never thought of that.  Acrtually this RAID 1 setup I'm planning
is for my desktop machine, problem is is's not built like a server so there is not the traditional
slid in bay for a second PS as do many 1 and 2u rack servers have.  Unless there is some
specialty product available that somehow fits in to a tower case.

Could you reccomend a redundant PS for a desktop machine (if they exist)?