[CentOS] Recommendations for a "real RAID" 1 card on Centos box

Therese Trudeau mswotr at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 14 18:25:11 UTC 2008

>>> Or use parallels or vmware and run all 3 at once when you want... and
>>> let the built in time machine tool do backups to an external firewire or
>>> network drive.
>>
>> Yes, even better. I think VMware sells a version of workstation for OS X
>> now too.
>
> Yes, and I think it will run VM's created under VMware server on linux
> or windows, although you may not be able to move them the other
> direction with some of the options you can use on the mac or windows
> workstation versions.

I just called VMWare and the guy said that for what I wanted to do,
a bare metal restore solution, that I would be better served by going with
either hardware or software raid maybe combined with something like
a tape backup solution, and that their desktop / workstation
applications are not suited as a complete backup - bare
metal restore solution.  He said their system was mainly for taking
system snapshots for development purposes.