[CentOS] User creation problem

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 15 15:13:05 UTC 2008

On Saturday 15 March 2008 14:55, Brian wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Saturday 15 March 2008 14:17, Jim Perrin wrote:

> > That's helpful, thanks.  It is for handling imap under kontact, so I've
> > created the group groupware and left it as a member of that group.  I
> > think that will be OK, but I'll have to see when I've got the rest of it
> > set up :-)
> >

> As a side note to what craig said. I to use /dev/null to give my other
> stations a user account so as to add them to the samba user file.
> Without giving them an home dir.
> HTH

I set the home directory under /usr/share/, thinking that was a fairly safe
place, but it's not working, so I don't know whether this is the cause of the
problem or something else.  I'm trying to get advice from the kde-pim list.
dimap is something new to me - I've used plain imap for some time, but while
that works well for mail it doesn't allow me remote diary and addressbook.

Anne