[CentOS] Re: CentOS] Skype on CentOS 5 - my microphone settings are incorrect

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 15 16:54:04 UTC 2008

On Saturday 15 March 2008 16:33, Lanny Marcus wrote:
> On 15 March 2008 Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org wrote:
> Sat Mar 15 15:25:13 UTC 2008
>
> >In the Gnome mixer, make sure that the "Microphone" and the "capture"
> >microphone icons are NOT MUTED (a red is is muted) .. also change
> >devices to the OSS Mixer and in the capture tab, check the microphone
> >icon for microphone is also not muted there.
>
> Johnny: Thank you for replying! I will check those things, ASAP and
> report back here! Lanny
>

> On 15 March 2008, Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com wrote:
> <snip>
>
> >Are you sure that there are no more channels to the right?  (keyboard
> >arrows  to navigate, 'M' to toggle muting.)
>
> Anne: That helped a lot!  :-)   Thank you!  Below is for the mic from
> alsamixer. Lanny

It's not obvious from that.  There is an alsa-users list at
alsa-user at lists.sourceforge.net.  I had to go to them once with a problem and
found that they have detailed knowledge of a lot of sound cards.  The
solution to my problem wasn't obvious either - and it was a matter of finding
the channel setting to record, so similar to yours.  They were very helpful.

Anne