[CentOS] Un Installing a hard drive in a Centos 5.1 box

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Sun Mar 16 23:57:00 UTC 2008

Pam Astor wrote:
> [root at localhost ~]# df -h
> /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00
>                       901G  6.7G  848G   1% /
> /dev/sda1              99M   18M   76M  20% /boot
> tmpfs                 1.9G     0  1.9G   0% /dev/shm

yup, its all 1 Volume, you are going to need to shrink the lv's - then
get your volgroup onto /dev/sda only. info on howto do that is in the
lvm howto. also, I'd recommend you download the centos-5.1/livecd and
actually do the work once booted from the livecd. shinking filesystems
requires you to have the filesystem unmounted, so doing it from the
livecd is the only way you are going to manage it here.